Department M: POULTRY
Superintendent: Richard & Margaret Andree 507-567-2009Entry Fee: $1.25 per bird ($3.75 for trio)
Entries close: July 28th, 2023 Limited space is available
Mail to: 58364 240th St, Brownsdale MN, 55918
Arrival time: Monday 5:00- 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
Judging: Wednesday, 1:00 p.m. in poultry barn
Release: Sunday, 4:00 p.m.General Rules:
See Exhibition of Livestock in Minnesota 2023 Requirements at https://www.bah.state.mn.us/exhibitions/
1. All poultry, waterfowl and pigeons besides being healthy must meet the qualifications of the Minnesota Livestock Sanitary Board. Premiums will be paid on the following lots in each Class LOT
2. All chickens, turkeys and gamebirds must be accompanied by an official form identifying the fowl by number leg or wing bands and a negative test for pullorum – typhoid must have been conducted within 90 days of entry or from parent stock tested negative within 12 months of entry. Waterfowl and pigeons do not have to have a pullorum test.
3. The New American Standard of Perfection will govern the judge in all varieties recognized therein. Any breeds or varieties not recognized by the standard cannot compete for special or sweepstake prizes or awards.
4. Entries in poultry class shall consist of single specimens and pens. Pens shall consist of 1 male and 2 females of the same variety. Single entries may not be entered in pens.
5. All expenses or transportation must be prepaid and all specimens entered at the risk of the owner.
6. All birds will be judged by comparison.
7. All eggs laid during the show will be the property of the association.
8. Exhibitors will not place display cards on coops until the judging has been completed.
9. Regular premiums paid on all standard breeds provided there are three or more entries. If less than three, second premium amount will be paid.
10. Birds entered in the utility class cannot compete in exhibition class.
11. All exhibitors wishing to sell their poultry will list same with the superintendent.
12. Exhibitors may be required to show proof of ownership of birds entered.
13. Number of entries may be limited for each exhibitor if space is not available. Entries taken on a first come first served basis.
1st 2nd 3rd
1. Cock (C) $3.00 $2.50 $2.00
2. Cockerel (CKL) $3.00 $2.50 $2.00
3. Hen ( H) $3.00 $2.50 $2.00
4. Pullet (P) $3.00 $2.50 $2.00
5. Old Trio (OT) $9.00 $7.50 $6.00
6. Young Trio (YT) $9.00 $7.50 $6.00
STATE IF LARGE FOWL OR BANTAM.
Class 1 Large FowlSpecial Premiums
Class 2 Bantams
Class 3 Ducks
Class 4 Geese
Class 5 Turkeys
Class 6 Guineas
Grand Champion bird of show, $5.00
Grand Champion Young & Old Trio, $5.00
Other Champions of the following will receive $3.00
American, English, Asiatic, Continental, AOCCL,Mediterranean, AOSB, SCCL, RCCL, Feather leg,
Light & Heavy Duck, Bantam Duck, Light, Medium & Heavy Goose, Turkey, Guinea and Game bird.