Department O: Creative Arts
Please click on PDF above for Classes and Lots
Superintendent: Carol Callahan 507-438-1518
Pre-entry: by August 4th, 2023Entry Days: Saturday August 5th 9:00 a.m. -am – 1:00 p.m.
Sunday August 6th 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Release: Sunday August 13th 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Monday August 14th 9:00a.m-12:00p.m.
NO EARLY RELEASE.General Rules: PLEASE READ- REVISED
• Items must have been made or finished within the past 12 months and must be the work of the exhibitor and never exhibited at the Mower County Fair before.
• Only one entry per lot is accepted except where noted. Duplicate entries under lot “any other” will not be accepted unless items are fundamentally different. Superintendents will make decisions when two similar items are brought in for entry by a single exhibitor.
• Superintendent will attempt to ensure items are entered in correct classes and lots. If you are unsure where to enter your item please ask.
• Judges decisions are final and based on their opinion of each individual entry’s worthiness. Judges are not required to award ribbons of each place in each class or lot. This includes awarding of Grand and Reserve Champion ribbons.
• All possible care will be taken to prevent damage or losses, but in no case will the Fair management be responsible for injury or loss.
• Unless otherwise noted all exhibits will be judged on the following criteria:
• General Appearance 50%
• Materials used 25%
• Workmanship 25%
Entry Day – Saturday August 5th 9 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 6th, 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Monday – Closed
Tuesday 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Wednesday thru Saturday- 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday August 13th - 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Release time Sunday 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Monday 9 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.