Department F: MIDWEST MARKET HOG SHOW
Superintendents: Ryan Risius 507-440-8762/Jacob Welch 507-884-5773-All calls after 5 p.m. for both numbers.Entry Fee: $10
Pre-registration is suggested by July 31, 2023Arrival time: Friday, 10 am
Weigh in: Friday, 1 pm – 3 p.m.
Show Start Time: Friday, August 11 @ 5:00 pmRelease time: Friday, following show, unless animal has been exhibited in 4-H. (4-H animal will be release on Sunday August 13th.)
Premiums for each class
- Midwest Market Hog Show is open to all exhibitors including Mower County 4-H and FFA pigs.
- All hogs must be individually identified.
- This is NOT a terminal show. All Exhibitors will retain ownership. Owners will retain possession after the show. 4-H animals will follow the 4-H guidelines.
- Each exhibitor may enter unlimited barrows and gilts.
- All hogs must weigh between 230 – 300 pounds (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Barrows and gilts will be shown separately and split by weight into workable classes.
1st $50 2nd $40 3rd $30 4th $20 5th $15SPECIAL AWARDS:
Champion Barrow Showtimes Banner, $200 and A Plaque
Champion Gilt Showtimes Banner, $200 and A Plaque
Champion Breeding Gilt Showtimes Banner, $200 and A Plaque
Reserve Barrow Showtimes Banner, $100 and A Plaque
Reserve Gilt Showtimes Banner, $100 and A Plaque
Reserve Breeding Gilt Showtimes Banner, $100 and A Plaque